Follow and Support HUMAN!!! :)
Humanitarna udruga za medicinu, altruizam i nadu (HUMAN)
People today have little incentive in working, due to long hours, low pay and the lack of reward for their daily tasks. By starting an organization where professionals are rewarded through their hard work and dedication in volunteering, we might appreciate our careers and have a renewed sense of worth in today’s society through donations, volunteer work, and the ability to travel and do humanitarian work.
1. To create a network of professional volunteers to offer their qualified services to companies and other NGOs and NPOs in return for official certification of served experience and a minimal monthly fee from the hiring company.
2. To create fundraising events for the sole purpose of rewarding volunteers by giving financial opportunity to travel to areas in need and offer their services there.
3. To open a business that will be an “open gallery” and coffee shop to promote local work, have a place for lectures, seminars and social events to raise funds to support the organization and our mission statements.
4. To grow into an international NPO based in Croatia, which will allow volunteers to be rewarded for their efforts by providing an opportunity for them to travel to areas in need to provide humanitarian work; also be able to bring needed volunteers to come to Croatia.
5. Create a website, database and blog for our members to advertise our efforts and grow into a large social network that promotes work, a medically healthy lifestyle, humanitarianism, altruism, hope and fun.
People today have little incentive in working (let alone volunteering and providing humanitarian help), due to long hours, low pay and the lack of reward for their daily tasks. By starting an organization where professionals are rewarded through their hard work and dedication in volunteering, we might appreciate our careers and have a renewed sense of worth in today’s society through donations, volunteer work, and the ability to travel and do humanitarian work.
Being a medical doctor and having difficulty in starting a career, I would like to start my own non-profit organization that will allow professionals to volunteer a few hours a week and be rewarded with a chance to see the world, and utilize their skills to help communities that are more in need, whether it be in Croatia or internationally.
Having a database of professionals who are willing to volunteer, we aim to (for a minimal fee) provide experienced volunteers for other NGOs, NPOs and companies. Combining fund-raising events, volunteer service fees, governmental and private donations, and sales from our the HUMAN Café we can reward these volunteers and aim to send one volunteer per month to provide their professional services internationally as a “working vacation”. As our Croatian-based, non-profit organization grows, we will be able to create a network of volunteers and receive stipends to give to volunteers and opportunity to do humanitarian work abroad.